Our website is not intended for use by children who are under 16 years of age.
Our privacy principles
- We take your privacy seriously
- We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information
- We comply with data privacy laws when using your personal information
- We only use it for lawful reasons you expect or that we explain to you in our website
- We limit our collection and use to details we really need or which you have provided
We want you to understand:
- What information we collect about you
- What we do with your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with and why
- How we keep your personal information secure
- How long we keep your information and why
- Your rights and how to use them
- Other details you should know
1. What information we collect about you
We collect most information directly from you when you order or buy from us. We get technical details from the devices you use to access our website and from cookies which tell us what you look at online, where and when. Like most other websites, our technology also lets us know when and how you use our website, such as when you have added to or abandoned your basket or filled in a form.
The personal information we collect and use will depend on why we need it. We will only collect the personal information we believe we need to use, or which you have agreed we can collect from you.
2. What we do with your personal information
We need to collect and use lots of information about you so that you can use our website, shop and buy things from us and learn about our offers and new arrivals. We also need to use some details to prevent and detect fraud.
We look at and learn from your browsing, shopping and how you respond to our marketing to understand what sort of customer you are and predict what products we have that you may also be interested in. We try to show you adverts and offers we think you will like tailored to you based on your like and your location, including what we know about you.
Our use of your details will depend on you and what you are doing: browsing or buying, if you are new to us or a registered customer.
3. Who we share your personal information with and why
We use suppliers and service providers, such as for delivering orders, or dealing with payments. These include external contractors. We only share the personal details they need to know for their services and we make sure your privacy is respected and protected.
We share personal information with third parties when you have told us that we can share.
We will provide personal information about you to the police, fraud prevention and credit reference agencies when we have to by law, or when we deem necessary to prevent fraud. We will never sell your personal information to third parties for them to market their products to you.
4. How do we keep your personal information secure
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure. We take steps to keep our systems and records secure.
5. How long we keep your information and why
We will only keep your personal information for a limited period of time. This period will depend on a number of reasons, such as whether we still need to deliver to you, or you have an account with us, or we are providing ongoing customer care to you. We delete your personal information at your request where possible and we won’t keep it for longer than we should or need to for the provision of a service and for communicating with you.
6. Your rights and how to use them
You have the right to find out about how and why we use your personal information and to control its use. These include rights to access and correct your details, in some cases to ask us to limit or stop our use of them and even to delete them. Where we use your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to change your mind and you can always unsubscribe from our direct marketing to you, by simply clicking unsubscribe in a marketing email, or in this policy.
7. Other details you should know.
From time to time we will update this policy. We’ll always send you a copy in the event of material change, but if minor changes are made, we won’t bombard your mailbox. You can, of course, check back here for updates at any time.